Bezel Gemsetting Class
Bezel Gemsetting Class
Sparkle with Skill: Discover the Magic of Gem Setting
Discover the fascinating world of bezel gem setting in this engaging workshop where you will learn how to create bezel gem settings for a ring or pendant.
In this hands-on class, Kimba will guide you through each step with patience and encouragement, ensuring that you feel comfortable and confident throughout the process.
You'll have the opportunity to work with various materials, including sterling silver and an exquisite selection of gemstones. Learn the techniques of forming and soldering metal, as well as setting gems securely. With each piece you create, you'll witness your skills improving and your self-confidence growing.
As you complete the workshop, you'll not only take home your stunning bezel gem setting jewellery, but also a newfound sense of accomplishment. Join this class and unlock the skills to create gorgeous jewellery pieces that will be cherished for years to come.
If you're a complete beginner, please start with Kimba's Ring Making Class as an introduction to metalsmithing.
*Images above are examples of bezel setting pieces Kimba has made that you may take inspiration from
Not suitable for complete beginners. You'll need to have completed the ring making class previously or other basic metalsmithing class. Prior experience with soldering and saw piercing is needed.
- A unique and sensory experience to remember
- An induction into health and safety in the jewellery workshop
- All tools and personal protective equipment provided in class
- 20 grams of sterling silver* and your choice of 2 x cabochon gemstones *You may purchase extra silver on the day if you wish to use more than the amount allocated
- Gemstone choices include: Lapis lazuli, Tourmaline, Onyx, moonstone, labradorite, garnet and more! You'll make one round setting and one other - another round or square, free form etc
- Leave with your very own custom made bezel set rings or pendants!
- Spring water and light snacks provided
- Pick the brain of a jewellery designer with over a decade of making experience
- Small class size of max 5 and lots of one on one attention
- A new set of skills you could apply to further learning and practice
- Design ideas
- Note pad and pen if you wish to take notes
- Hair tie for long hair and close toed shoes
To make a booking
Please contact Kimba to see available dates for bookings.
A minimum of 2 bookings required for the class to proceed.
You may make payment of a deposit to reserve a space in the next class, remainder of payment is due 10 days before the class.
You may also make a full payment to reserve a place, full payments are required within 10 days of the booking date.
Before making a booking, please see further Terms and Conditions for Jewellery Making Classes/Workshops/Experiences